Friday Reads #1 (Saturday edition)

No comments
So I've decided to make myself a little "Friday Reads" pile just to know what I should be reading this weekend. And of course I'm posting it on Saturday, where would be the fun in being on time. Most of these are university reads, I've got an exam from European literature on Tuesday and need to finish and/or reread some books for that. Also as you can see, I'm reading all of these in Czech. And it's driving me crazy, I need my fill of English.


#1: Molière: The Miser (or L'Avare)
A comedy in five acts about Harpagon, who is obsessed with his wealth. It a reread but this is about all I can remember about it. (I'm not even surprised, I think I've read it for my school leaving exams so of course I don't remember anything.)

#2: Henrik Ibsen: The Wild Duck
Never read this one and I have no idea what it's about and I'm kind of excited about that. I've heard nothing but good things about Ibsen's drama so I'm sure it will be a good read.

#3: Milena Lenderová: K hříchu i k modlitbě
This is a non-fiction book I need to read and write a paper on this weekend. It's about an image of women in 19th century. I believe it focuses on Central Europe but I'm not sure, It's one of the main text of Czech gender studies so I'm excited about it.

#4: Pierre Choderlos de Laclos: Les Liaison Dangereuses
I started reading this book about three months ago and I love it but life happened and I wanted read other stuff. And now I'm left to finish 220 pages of this epistolary beauty in three days. Yay me!

#5: A. A. Milne: Winnie the Pooh & The House At Pooh Corner
I remember reading some of Winnie the Pooh stories but more so listening to them as told by an amazing Czech actor Marek Eben and I don't think I ever finished this short book. So I figured it might be an ideal time to read it.

#6: Johanna Spyri: Heidi
I love Heidi the Girl from the Mountains as a child but I've only read some shortened version of it with lots of illustrations. So I figured I might as well read the proper one now.

No comments :

Post a Comment