Wednesday Reads #2 (February 25, 2015)

No comments
So I managed to up my currently reading pile by two books. Actually by three, because I've read one book out of it.

I finished Chabon's The Mysteries of Pittsburgh and I have written a review. To be honest, I still don't know if I like it or not. I'm bit undecided and I think I will give Chabon another chance (I also bought another of his books so... well).

I've read Georges Rodenbach's Bruges-La-Mort because I'm suspecting it to be one of the book on the list for my literature class. We learned about it last week but we haven't got the complete assigned reading list so it's just a wild guess for now. The book doesn't have much of a plot but I liked it and I'm thinking about writing a review for it (probably with some other assigned books).

And I have read one graphic novel - Cyril Pedrosa's Three Shadows, I'll write about it after I finally make a comic book wrap up.

I'm slowly but surely getting through The Master and Margarita but I got into bit of a reading slump so I don't know how well it will go. I hope to finish by tomorrow.

As for the books I added to my currently reading, it's Alice Bechdel's graphic novel Fun Home which I'm loving but I want to read it slower than the other graphic novels. I just feel like savouring it for a while instead of just flying through it.

Another is Virgil's Doomed Love out of the Penguin Great Loves collection. I've now successfully bought 14 out of 20 of these and so far I've read only one (and I've read one of them before). And since Virgil is number one I figured I'll start with that one now.

And the last one of the added books is Ben Aaronovitch's Moon Over Soho - second book in the Peter Grant series. I've only read the first chapter in this one but I think it just might get me over my (hopefully short-lived) reading slump. We'll see.

No comments :

Post a Comment